George & Gerry Biely Endowment
George came to Vancouver from Siberia in 1932. Gerry, who was born in Winnipeg, came to Vancouver in 1939. They were married in Vancouver in 1944.
George developed his own construction company and built many apartments and business offices. His company established a reputation for excellence and integrity.
George and Gerry have had an abiding interest in the State of Israel. They have been generous contributors to many Jewish causes including synagogues and the Jewish Federation. In addition, they have supported many institutions in the community of Vancouver, such as hospitals, universities, the arts and the general health and welfare of many others in need.
George left a legacy of philanthropy which his wife Gerry, always a supportive partner in her husband’s endeavours, now continues.
George and Gerry Biely