- Download the Grant Application Guidelines: MS Word or PDF
STEP ONE: Letter of Intent
After you have reviewed the grant guidelines please send us a typed outline of your project that is no longer than two pages (8.5” x 11”), containing the following information:
- Introduction to your organization, including your charitable registration number.
- Statement of the needs, or community priorities, that the project addresses.
- Concise description of the activities to be undertaken.
- Clear statement of who will benefit from the project.
- Start-up and completion dates.
- The cost of the project and the amount being requested from the Foundation.
- Brief statement on how the success of the project will be evaluated.
We encourage applicants to be brief but informative, and to use lay language.
The chair of the Distribution Committee and the executive director of the Jewish Community Foundation will review your Letter of Intent. You may be contacted if additional information is needed.
If your project meets the Foundation’s criteria you will be invited to apply and sent an application. You will receive an explanation if your project is not considered eligible for consideration.
Letters of Intent may be forwarded to:
Jewish Community Foundation
Suite 200 – 950 West 41st Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 2N7
and/or to firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP TWO: Grant Application (if invited to submit)
Your formal application must be returned by the stated deadline to be considered by the Grant Distribution Committee.
After considering all applications, the committee will present its recommendations to the Foundation’s Board of Governors for ratification. Following this meeting, applicants will receive written notification of the grant status.
We recognize the effort that goes into preparing grant applications and want to help organizations make complete submissions. If you have any questions about the grant application process, please contact our office at 604.257.5100 or by email at email@example.com.